The vinyl components of our windows and doors are protected against peeling, flaking, chipping, blistering and corrosion. If a defect occurs, we will provide replacement parts at no charge. The warranty becomes void if the vinyl is painted, stained or if the surface is altered in any way.
The hardware, which includes the locking mechanism, fasteners, rollers and balances, is warranted against peeling, flaking, rusting, blistering and corrosion for life of all replacement windows and for two years on all new construction and all patio doors.
The aluminum screen frame is warranted against peeling, flaking and corrosion for the life of the product.
If the glass breaks on one of our windows, we will supply a replacement for the broken insulated glass (and glazing bead if necessary) at no charge. Any labor and/or charges for installing the replacement insulated glass is the sole responsibility of the homeowner. This warranty is limited to the original homeowner and is not transferable.
A Limited Lifetime Non-Prorated Glass Warranty is standard on the 6000 window.
How to Make a Claim:
The homeowner must notify the contractor or builder who installed the window or door to provide an opportunity to investigate the claim and examine the product claimed to be defective. Proof of date of purchase and installation must accompany the claim.
The contractor or builder will then report to the distributor. Our authorized distributor will then investigate the claim and if warranty covers the defect. We will repair or replace the defective product or refund the amount paid by the original purchaser per the terms of the warranty.
Optional Limited Lifetime Non-Prorated Glass Warranty
- Standard on the 6000 series windows.
- Additional cost per window.
- Cannot purchase warranty after installation. Consult your distributor for details.
- Warranty must be for all windows on each window order.
- If for any reason (except acts of nature including but not limited to; tornado, fire, hurricane, earthquakes, etc.) the glass breaks in a ViWinTech window, ViWinTech will supply a replacement for the broken insulated glass (and glazing bead if necessary) at no charge. If vinyl sash and hardware are desired, they may be ordered at an additional charge.
- Any labor and/or charges for installing the replacement insulated glass is the sole responsibility of the homeowner.
- This warranty is limited to the original homeowner and is not transferable.
- ViWinTech reserves the right to refund the cost of this optional warranty and cancel this warranty at any time.
- The cost of the glass provided by ViWinTech for the Lifetime Glass Breakage covers up to your homeowners’ residential deductible on your home insurance policy only.
Register Your Product:
You must register the warranty for your product within 90 days of its installation.
When registering, have the order number ready. To locate your order number, locate the sticker either on the side of the sash or on the screen. Never remove this sticker.
Look for the number circled below (circled here for emphasis).