ViWinTech is seeking a leadership role for a qualified individual to take over as our Plant Safety Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a local company and have a positive impact on business operations and the ViWinTech team. For consideration, please fill out our online application or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate will provide technical guidance and consultation on the development and implementation of safety and health standards and programs to identify, improve, and reduce/eliminate risks from potential hazards in the workplace.
They will assist the company to build a safety awareness attitude for all employees throughout the production plant.
They will develop, maintain and promote safety policies, standards and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and standards, promulgated by various Federal and State agencies.
Need to perform safety compliance audits and investigate accidents and/or injuries or “near misses” to ascertain root cause and need for corrective action, and to develop measures and strategies to prevent re-occurrence.
They will have to process, maintain, and follow-up on all Workers Compensation claims, maintain appropriate reports, maintain records on loss time and reportable accidents, and be a liaison with any third-party administrator which handles Workers Compensation claims.
They will conduct monthly safety meetings for all plant employees, and ensure that all forklift operators maintain certification for Powered Industrial Vehicles.
They must stay abreast of all relevant legislative and statutory regulations and requirements, company policies and/or standards.
Need the ability to track and maintain inventory of Personal Protective Equipment furnished to employees.
They will maintain data on all chemicals used within the plant, and ensure that all hazardous chemicals are properly identified and labeled.
Ability to work closely with the Human Resources Department regarding pre-employment drug testing and certification of test results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, or related degree, and preferably, at least 2 years experience in a manufacturing facility with knowledge of OSHA compliance and training.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid or EMT will be given a preference.
- Working knowledge of regulations applicable to manufacturing, including but not limited to, OSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA, FMLA and ADA.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels within the plant.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to risk management and safety issues in all departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work within HIPAA guidelines to protect the privacy of others.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Safety: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
You will be required to wear a mask while working, maintain social distancing when practical, and comply with all COVID-19 restrictions imposed upon manufacturing businesses.
You must be at least 18 years of age or older for employment.